My Site Links:
Students / Syllabi
Redistricting / Gerryminder
New Jersey Election Data
Ramapo College Home
American & Int'l Studies
Web for Faculty
- Associate Professor of Political Science,
School of American and International Studies, 2009-
- Fulbright Scholar,
Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi,
- Assistant Professor of Political Science,
School of American and International Studies, 2005-2009.
- Lecturer (Assistant Instructor),
University of Texas,
Government Department, 2004-2005.
- Adjunct Instructor,
Austin Community College,
Government Department, 2001-2005.
- "Military Experience in Elections and Perceptions of Issue Competence: An Experimental Study with Television Ads," 2013. Armed Forces & Society. 39(3): 415-433.
- "Conventional and Distinctive Policy
Preferences of Early Twenty-First-Century Veterans." 2012. In
Ortiz, S. (ed.), Veterans' Policy, Veterans' Politics. Gainesville,
FL: University Press of Florida.
- "Barack Obama's 'American' Problem: Unhyphenated Americans in the 2008 Elections," (with Brian Arbour). 2011. Social Science Quarterly. 92(3): 563-587.
- "Orphan Counties and the Effect of Irrelevant
Information on Turnout in Statewide Races," (with
Keena Lipsitz). 2010. Political Communication. 27(2): 178-198.
- "Latino Veterans and Income: Is There a Penalty for Military Service?," (with David Leal and Curt Nichols). 2010. In Leal, D. and S. Trejo (eds.), Latinos and the Economy. New York: Springer.
- "Probing the Reds and Blues: Sectionalism and
Voter Location in the 2000 and
2004 U.S. Presidential Elections," (with
Seth McKee). 2009.
- "NATO Enlargement and Institution Building: Military Personnel Policy Challenges in the Post-Soviet Context," (with Julie George). 2008.
European Security. 17(2 & 3): 339-366.
- "Invoking Military Credentials in
Congressional Elections, 2000-2006." 2008. In Reveron, D. & J. Stiehm
Inside Defense: Current Controversies in U.S. Civil-Military Relations.
New York: Palgrave.
- "Veterans' Party Identification, Candidate
Affect, and Vote Choice in the 2004 U.S. Presidential Election." 2007.
& Society. 33(3): 414-437.
- "Enduring Effects of the Uniform: Previous
Military Experience and Voting Turnout." 2006.
Research Quarterly. 59(4): 601-607.
- "The Partisan Impact of Congressional
Redistricting: The Case of Texas, 2001-2003," (with
Seth McKee and
Mathieu Turgeon). 2006.
Social Science Quarterly. 87(2): 308-317.
Last updated in summer 2013. A more detailed PDF version available here.
don't necessarily speak for the college